Meet the Dietitian and Chef behind The Creative RD, Jenny S. Passione, RD, CC.
Jenny is a graduate of Johnson & Wales University, Providence, Rhode Island with an Associate in Science in Culinary Arts (’12) and a Bachelor of Science in Culinary Nutrition with a focus in Clinical Dietetics (’14). Jenny completed her dietetic internship and continued on as a nutrition fellow in GI/research before accepting a temporary Clinical Dietitian position at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Jenny currently works as a clinical dietitian at University Hospital in New Jersey.
Jenny’s passion for nutrition stems from her diagnosis of celiac disease in 2008 and her family history of GI disorders. In addition to celiac disease, Jenny also has fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. Since her diagnosis Jenny has realized that the changes she made in her diet and lifestyle helped her learn to listen to her body, see signs of improvement in her other health conditions, dig deeper into her love of food, and help others.
Jenny’s food journey started at an early age where she learned to cook from her Grandmother. When deciding on pursuing a degree in nutrition, Jenny knew that she wanted to incorporate her love of food and applied to her dream school, Johnson & Wales University. Having been diagnosed with celiac disease and attending culinary school was a challenge she was willing to conquer. Jenny became an advocate for celiac disease on campus by helping start the Sans Gluten club with the generous assistance of Udi’s Gluten Free, raising awareness via class presentations, and completing her culinary arts and culinary nutrition degrees 100% gluten-free.
As a Registered Dietitian and Certified Culinarian, Jenny’s desire is to help patients and clients achieve their health goals by creating individualized plans, using real food, achievable goals, and realistic lifestyle changes.
Jenny is a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) including, New Jersey Dietetics Association, Greater New York Dietetics Association, American Culinary Federation, Research Chef’s Association, and various Dietetic Practice Groups of the AND, including Medical Nutrition Practice Group (MNPG) and Dietitians in Integrative & Functional Medicine (DIFM).
Jenny lives in New Jersey with her husband and their dog, Penny Lane. She loves food, cooking, travel, hiking, fishing, and reading.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (Commission on Dietetic Registration)
- Certified Culinarian (American Culinary Federation)
- Certified GREAT Kitchens (National Foundation for Celiac Awareness)
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager (#14003514)
- ServSafe Certified Instructor and Proctor (#13125992)
Jenny's Education & Work History
- University Hospital, Executive Chef, 2018 – Current
- University Hospital, Registered Dietitian, 2016 – 2018
- Arch Care – Mary Manning Walsh, Clinical Dietitian, 2016
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Clinical Dietitian, 2015 – 2016
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Nutrition Fellow, GI/Research, 2015
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Dietetic Intern, 2014 – 2015
- Johnson & Wales University, B.S. Culinary Nutrition, July 2014, summa cum laude
- Johnson & Wales University, A.S. Culinary Arts, November 2012, summa cum laude